Tuesday 9 September 2008

Terrence Howard - Howard Confident About Career Swap

Actor-turned-singer TERRENCE HOWARD is convinced he made the right determination to transposition careers and pursue music - because he had lost himself in performing.

The Hustle and Flow asterisk released his debut album Shine Through It this month (Sep08), and admits he washed-out years contemplating a music career because he was exhausted by constantly playing a role.

He says: "At 35 years-old, I'm trying to see who Terrence Howard is... As an actor, I couldn't find myself because I had to give up me to be soul else. But now, written material music, I'm able to purge myself. I don't think I'm a isaac Merrit Singer, I think I'm more of a story-teller, that's forced to do it to melody... in the process I was able to find myself and find some beauty in me."

But Howard insists he's unsure of whether or not he'll return to his roots with a role on the vainglorious screen.

He adds: "As long as acting is paying the bills, I'll do that. As long as music is paying the bills, I'll do that."





More information